Thursday, December 16, 2004

Artichoke dip

I got this Italian recipe from a nurse working at one of my clinical affiliations. I remember making this with the seniors at a adult day care center. It was simple to make, sooo good and a hit with staffs and other registrants. Great as a Christmas dinner appetizer. It's been a year and a half from my last day at the site. I miss the seniors as I've learned so much from them. All of them had a dynamic personality!!! It was so fun working with them, and the other clincial interns.

Ingredients:
1 can of whole or quartered artichoke without vinegar
1/2 cup of mayonianne
1/2 cup of sour cream
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 mozzarella shredded cheese

Directions:
1) mash up artichokes and crush garlic. Mix all ingredients together.
2) place them in an uncovered baking dish or a pie tin
3) preheat the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges
4) serve with your favorite crackers , bread or dip items.


Alternates:
low fat or non fat items to accommodate for adults with dietary concerns

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home