Thursday, March 24, 2005

taking a break

Taking a break from the usual. Yesterday I didn't get much done. I think my "friend" is coming soon. I tried to schedule the exam in accordance but i guess you can't beat the system. Wouldn't it be great if we didn't have to deal with this. Don't have to go through the period of irritation, lack of concentration, hyper or isomnia, fatigue. Men are so lucky.
So anyway, i tried practicing with a computer simulated exam. I was reading the question over and over and just not retaining, not reasoning the choices out and was unclear about everything. Yeah, my brain is telling me I'm not functioning and need to take a break.

In the light of things, my mom got sworn in for her US citizenship. She must have been excited. I remember my experience. You are with amlost 100 ppl sitting in a grand court before a judge, who stated she was an immigrant too. "I stood before a judge just as you are now. I took the opportunity that this country offered, went to school, worked hard. I am honored to swear you in as citizens.

Reflecting back to my childhood, and the divorce experience that my family went through, i;ve always thought life will probably be over. When my parent enforced me to work hard, i reasoned with , what's the point. it's not like you guys did your best to work this marriage out. Now i kinda think differently. Parents want the best for you. yes you probably heard this soo many times. But i;ve never took it to heart. Parents may not be the best role models, or teach leadership skills, or guide or advise you at a young age. Sometime they are suddently there when you are adults. But they want what't best for their children and teach them to strive for what is unseenable. Tragics may come but you must hope for the best and keep your faith, belief in what's not in the foreground. That is why they push you hard despite what had happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home