Monday, April 11, 2005

What I 've found

It's been almost 24 since my last entry. Lets see..what have i been doing.
1) I cleaned my room today, throwing unwanted notes, and finding class photos. To remove the past 2 1/2 years of graduate school and making space for something that is the beginning of your career feels both exciting and scary. I thought about the professors, the program...the classmates who are now my clinical peers. sigh..it has been a tumultuous year of crazy class schedules, multiple projects, research, exams and clinical rotations. To have finished this life is a big relief, but bitter sweet. Goodbye to being a student and goodbye program. I offically recognize that I am off the leash.
2) Went with my mom to her friend's house to "love" match our sweetie with the friend's dog. It didn't go well. Poor sweetie. He was wimpering.
3) I keep running into this grandma in my apartment elevator or the lobby. She constantly asks me to join her church. So persistent. She was even grabbing my arm so she can lead me to her apartment.
4) An elder woman was telling me that my hair is flat. "You have flat hair. You know what they call that- no style- I'll take you to my salon. Wear some makeup but not like those girls who wears it like cake frosting. You need to catch a man". That was embarrassing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home