Sunday, May 01, 2005

Botanical Garden in a Sunday afternoon

Today, my family and i head off to the brooklyn botanical garden to catch the festival and see the cherry blossoms. On our way, we got lost in an orthodox jewish community. I approached the ladies with a map, and they ran off opposite of my directions along with THE COLDEST LOOK. I finally got an attention from a man, who looked like a rabbi. He looked at me like he never saw an asian before. He was nice though, and attmepted to give the right directions as best as he can.
As I thanked the man and ran into the family car, I realized that the orthodox jews were sheltered, very community oriented, and didn't venture or explore other cultures. It was kinda strange to see one racial population within one setting (and nowhere else except forest hills), but it was understandble. However, I wish I can thorougly comprehend why they continue to contain themselves in a tight community, and in an educational and business setting.
We finally arrived to the garden. Brooklyn is such an unusual place. You are surrounded by brownstone houses with beautiful trees, but with one left turn you are in admist a guetto community.
My family and I only stayed in the garden for a couple of hours. It was too crowded and my mom was suffering from allergies. I quickly reviewed the pictures stored in my sis's digitial camera. Man, the camera does add 10 pbs. I looked like an old lady with fat pockets bulging out of my stomach, cheeks and neck. I did not look pleasant, nor was I pleasantly surprised of my pictures. How am I suppose to attract a man when I look like this.
Found a imp statement during websurfing. Learn to love a man for who he is, not how he help advance your life. Need to keep that in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home