Thursday, May 05, 2005

simple but wise

Out of sheer sadness, I decided to numb my senses by web surfing and visiting other blog sites. I scanned through them and found a site with a great statement. It instantly uplifted me. Sometimes, God surprises me. The statement was so simple, concrete and provided a sense of hope. I thanked the man, and pasted it onto my site to remind me to count my blessings and see life a bit rosier.

The statement I stole:
It was from the NBC sitcom "Ed" that is no longer on. Ed was comparing the rings of a tree to life. A tree could survive a fire or drought or earthquake and you could look at the rings and tell the difference between the good years (fat rings) and the bad years (skinny rings). But nevertheless, the tree is made up of both the good and the bad. So when you are careening through your life, always remember you will have good years and bad years and they all make up the tree of your own life and you should not look back in regret of the bad rings because they are all part of the same tree. The good and bad make us what we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home