Saturday, May 14, 2005

solution to group dinners

Here is the scenario:
You meet up with a group of friends and some strangers for dinner at a restaurant. You don't talk to everybody, you order only a meal with water and assume you'll pay for your portion while others pay for their expensive meals and alcohol.
THE BILL ARRIVES and the one who picks up the bill says everyone pays equally!
Ever got into a situation like this? I'm sure everyone has. It hurt so much to pay $30 for a simple $15 meal you had. I shutter as I hand my money.

Solution:
http://www.timeoutny.com/eatout/476/476.eat.feat.html
I like the leaving early for an emergency and paying only what you ordered. It may sound cheap to others, but with a good enough reason it may be believable.

In light of things, my dog is doing better. He's not limping anymore and is back to regular self; barking at other dogs and stealing anything edible from the garbage can. This week I went around NYC for interviews , from Bronx, Brooklyn to Long Island nonstop. Last night, I arrived home, crashed into my bed and didn't wake up till morning in realization that I forgot to walk my dog last night. And it starts all over next week. I'm tired of donning my unifrom (my suit) everyday. At least I'm getting my worth on my one week metro card.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home