Friday, June 24, 2005

Balance

Well today was the first day of Billy Graham's crusade, and honestly from an objective and unfamiliar eye, it appeared scary. Looking at the internet pictures after a talk from a friend who spoke hestiation on attending his crusade,I came to some understanding of how it is actually scary to listen to something incomprehensible ( as of yet) because they are not ready. This brings a suggestion to not enforce the gospel but allow them to experience opportunities in accordance with God's time.
This brings me to Tom Cruise's story- the heated interview with Matt Lauer. Man, did he (Cruise) sound brainwashed! He sound more defensive than reasonable. No explanations, but accusations. As I sat in front of my computer watching Tom talk, I predicted his sales in movie tickets plummet, including his popularity. I believe Matt Lauer did a great job with the interview with non-bias questions and an opportunity for Tom to explain what Scientology is. Tom missed it and buried himself in a bigger hole with his one punch defense.
Well to get to the point of BALANCE, I said to myself today that with all the paperwork, patients and family education, I need to separate my work from social life. I need to emerge yourself with hobbies and social events to reboost the emotional energy to sustain through the work week. Or else I'm going to have another burnout.
My friends are very occupied with their boyfriends, family, children and church. As I arrived home from work today very disappointed because my plans changed (my friend decided she rather do something else)- I decided that I need to go out and see other ppl - perhaps actively search for a significant other. I even thought of dating internet sites. Yes, I have a very boring life. All work and no play make me a very dull person.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

talk to sonya about the dating sites....

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home