Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Lunch

I had dim sum with a chinese "male" friend. When we entered, automatically ppl in the restaurant thought we were a couple. The elderly couple who shared the round table smiled at us with glee and admiration. I never said a word as the waiter/waitress came over to our table with the food carts. My friend ordered as I just sat there ignoring waitress' questions and grinning, trying to make it apparant that I didn't speak chinese. I took a glance at myself and my friend at a mirror against the wall. We look soo like the marrying age. I'm not insinuating that something is going on..but truthfully, we didn't look like young adults, more like adults who have settled down.
I asked him to order my favorite plates...shrimp summer rolls and shrimp dumplings. I stuffed myself, forgetting my feminine manners. Its been a while since I ate with a male friend...but it's all good. He has seen me eat like a pig during college.
My face cannot lie anymore. I am getting old. Teenagers call me mam' or lady. All this makes me wonder...when am I going to find a man? Since I'll be working with a community, not in a hospital, I may not have a chance to interact with males as most of them work in hospitals. Lately, my mom has been bugging me about my chances of working with a male doctor. Yeah I would like to know that too. But then I have to wonder and evaluate my intentions. Money isn't everything. Although its nice to live in comfort and luxury, it can't buy and secure love. Anyways, I realized that I need to stop goo- goo eyeing men in nice crisp white collar shirts or wondering how it would be like to marry a doctor or anyone in the medical/health profession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home