Monday, June 27, 2005

Thoughts on the subway

Today was the first day of my one week vacation since my two weeks of work. I went to my dentist today, and left with an empty feeling. Yes, it became apparent to me that I had some sort of a crush on this guy. And despite the one year of treatment and not knowing who this guy is (at all) I still had some attraction. (yuck).
As I left the hospital for the last time I felt really lonely. On my way back home I struggled with this feeling. Is this feeling of emptiness a cry to reacquaint with God? Just as I should prepare for a husband, the more important it is to prepare for Christ's return. As I thought more about God, and my life, I realized that I should begin living in Christ instead of being dead in Him.
So now that I thought about God, my feelings about this guy lessened. I think I am in love of falling in love, rather than a man of potential. The ideal is there but it is so unrealistic . I would never know if that guy ever had any attraction. If he didn't I wouldn't have picked it up because I was in lala land. I prayed to God in the subway to give me the patience to wait and fill the void. I felt some reassurance after. Thank God for that.

*** edit***
Today I woke up with a heartache. To quickly reassure myself i got out of bed and thought about the conversation I had with a friend last night. She is sort of in the same situation as I am, except I'm probably at the extreme. God will provide. Yes I heard it so many times before, but she said it with belief that I started to believe it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home