Thursday, August 04, 2005

gossiping

There are so many gossip and backstabbing at my workplace that it brings paranoia and mistrust to everyone. I was unfortunately provided with information that somone I trusted would not tell me about something I did wrong or was unaware of and tell the supervisor.
Which brings me into thought about her random talks on two colleauge- one fired and one resigned. Immediately after we heard the news she started to talk negatively about them. It was amazing that she can be so polite and friendly to them and the next she is telling me how she hates /annoyed by that person or he/she is not a good clinican. Real scary. I was so sad to see this and hear confirmation from a staff member. Well, that is reality. I just didn't think it could happen so fast, and so close. I really did trust her and even thought of her closer than a staff member. It's too bad. After many thoughts, I needed to talk to someone who said act like you can't trust anyone.
For sure, gossip can dampen your spirits. I couldn't even treat the rest of my patients because of the this.
To overcome unsettling emotions, I searched a website on dealing with gossip. Here is what I found.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home