Sunday, August 14, 2005

Tradition

As per my mother's report, it is a cultural tradition to buy "seon- nye-bok"- winter undergarments, and intimate apparels for your parent(s) when you earn money. So today, my mom and I went to a random mall in long island - Simon Mall. Of course , when you shop with my mom, things go crazy. She was acting herself x 100 = exaggerated expressions, pointing, tugging my shirt sleeve, running excited like a child in a candy store, nagging, lecturing about useless things- you get the picture. So anyways , we head off to the intimate apparel/swimwear section at the norstrom rack store. Instead of looking at the intimate apparels, she was gathering bikini bottoms with crazy prints. Unfortunately, my mother thinks bikni bottoms are great underwear. Not only do they last long, they trim her belly to an inch. So at they end of the day, I was on line holding 20 bikni bottoms while shoppers looked on with a funny expression. Well, at least my mom was happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home