Saturday, August 13, 2005

washabi and icecream

Yesterday was the last day of school for the kids until the coming september when a new batch and the old ones arrive. So yesterday I got to treat only two early intervention kids, one classroon push in of preschool kids while the other rest of the time, I cleaned toys, mats, bolsters, etc in the gym. Gosh, I would say years of dirts and children's fingerprints were on those. The changing water was literally brownish green.
Afterwards it was a dash to my desk to do last minute of paperwork.

I left work early, met up with a friend 4 hours later for sushi at Washabi Lobby (i like that name). The appetizers were pretty good but so small. When it was placed on the table, all we can do was stare at the pint size portion. The food portion reminded me of Bond St restaurant; big plates with a speck of food in the center.
Afterwards, we went to Coldstone Creamery. I had mint with white chocolate, crushed oreo cookies and toasted almond, while my friend had coffee with sweet ice cream and fresh strawberries. YUMMY! I wish I had coldstone in queens. We then headed off to a park nearby called Carl S. Park that overlooked the hudson river. Have been hear in NYC for so long, and still discovered beautfiful sites of NY. The view was breathtaking. All I wished was to have an apartment nearby to go home to. But unfortunately, I had to hop back into the scorching subway to queens.

1 Comments:

Blogger sewell said...

There is a ColdStone Creamery in Queens. It is at the Queens Place Mall in Rego Park.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home