Tuesday, December 13, 2005

frugal

I've been spending a lot on clothes, movies, jewerly, dining, broadway tickets, etc. After looking at my bank account, I realized I need to save, invest etc, in order to grow rather than deplete it. So I googled "ways to save money" and found these. Some I have already used, but others, I may actually consider it. Okay, maybe not number 4.

Logical:
1) borrow from library- book, DVD, CD, etc.
2) be a homebody. entertainment (dining out, shows, etc) cost alot. Average person spends about $2000 for entertainment annually. you can cut half with preplanned events or staying home.
3) hold garage sales if you have unused items for 6 months.

Strange:
1) unplug you clock while sleeping
2) go to the lost and found section of the library and tell someone you lost a black umbrella. Pick the nicest one.
3) instead of using toilet paper, use yesterday's paper
4) grab a handful of ketchup, mustard, etc the next time you head out to a fast food chain, and transfer the content into a partially full ketchup bottle.
5) Marry a man who can fix things.
6) Train your cats to use the toilet.
7) Tell everyone you'll be out of town this Christmas and will not return till after new years. Then buy most of the gift post christmas holiday. - I know one person who does this all the time. She even bought me an earring that was for children and passed it off as being a great expensive gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home